What happened to Boddy's parents?

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Jonathan Green
Detective

What happened to Boddy's parents?

Post by Jonathan Green » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:01 pm

Since the original topic was deleted, probably because of spam, I decided to remake it.

In 1904, John Boddy's parents both mysteriously disappear while traveling in Egypt, never to return. What happened to them?
The mostly likely answer is that they were lost at seas.

But here's what I believe what happened to them, which is in my Clue-verse:
For years, Samuel Boddy has been investigating some sort of "organization", that seems to have the behaviors of a cult. As a investigative reporter, Samuel was determine to get to the bottom of this. Interviewing former members, attending during public events, anything he could get some dirt on them. Boddy's investigating didn't go unnoticed, for one of the main heads had heard about the renowned reporter from one of his novels. So the cult started sending Samuel and his wife, Brooklyn Black, threats on to them and their children, John and Dorothy.

So the two devised a plan to move to England, where Brooklyn was from, and keep a low profile while Samuel continues his research. But it's hard to keep a low profile when your wife is related to one of the richest persons in England (Sir Hugh/Dr. Black), so it wasn't long till the threats started coming again.

So with no other opinion, the two deiced to go into hiding, while leaving their children to Brooklyn's brother Hugh. The two told their children that they were going on holiday in New York. Once arriving NY, they bought fake ids and change their appearance, and move to Europe. Although they still kept tabs on their children.

Many years pasted, and John Boddy (Samuel and Brooklyn Black's first child) had became the heir of his uncle's estate. One day, a package arrives at his door, from his "late" father. The package contains all the evidence that Samuel has collected over the years. John, wanting to avenge his parents, decided to continue his father's research.
Check out my Instagram account to see my art - :arrow: https://www.instagram.com/david_rodriguez_art/?hl=en

PrinceAlarming
Slueth

Re: What happened to Boddy's parents?

Post by PrinceAlarming » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:02 am

Maybe the same thing happened to them as Bruce Wayne’s parents. Maybe Mr Boddy is the original Batman! Maybe the murder suspects are Gotham City criminals!!!

Lol, don’t mind me, I’m just being silly
Last edited by PrinceAlarming on Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PrinceAlarming
Slueth

Post by PrinceAlarming » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:06 am

Actually this reminds me of A Series Of Unfortunate Events with the Baudelaire family

Jonathan Green
Detective

Post by Jonathan Green » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:14 am

PrinceAlarming wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:06 am
Actually this reminds me of A Series Of Unfortunate Events with the Baudelaire family
It’s an inspiration of mine, I grew up with the books and the movie around fourth grade. I was in middle school when the Netflix series came out, which I loved.
Check out my Instagram account to see my art - :arrow: https://www.instagram.com/david_rodriguez_art/?hl=en

PrinceAlarming
Slueth

Post by PrinceAlarming » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:22 am

Jonathan Green wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:14 am
PrinceAlarming wrote:
It’s an inspiration of mine, I grew up with the books and the movie around fourth grade. I was in middle school when the Netflix series came out, which I loved.
The movie was good, although I think it should have been animated because child actors can grow faster than their characters. The show is good too and a smarter format than a film keeping up with the age of the actors. I only got as far as book 3 in the show (which is funny because that’s where the movie leaves off and I’ve only read the first 3 books) but I should go back to it.

Jonathan Green
Detective

Post by Jonathan Green » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:55 am

PrinceAlarming wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:22 am
Jonathan Green wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:14 am
PrinceAlarming wrote:
The movie was good, although I think it should have been animated because child actors can grow faster than their characters. The show is good too and a smarter format than a film keeping up with the age of the actors. I only got as far as book 3 in the show (which is funny because that’s where the movie leaves off and I’ve only read the first 3 books) but I should go back to it.
My fourth grade teacher read us the first four books. She also the one who gave me the first six A.E. Parker Clue books.

PrinceAlarming
Slueth

Post by PrinceAlarming » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:01 pm

I saw the fifth Clue book for sale in the Scholastic pamphlets they gave us in elementary school. I dedicated my life (childhood) to collecting the whole series, and the second one was the hardest to find. Of course this was in the late 90’s

Jonathan Green
Detective

Post by Jonathan Green » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:14 pm

It’s funny, both Mr. Boddy and the Baudelaire children are from Boston (Based on the movie). Both lost their parents at a young age, and both were adopted by uncles with titles. Except one is a shady businessman and the other is a murderer who happens to share the same name of a certain lovable snowman.
FUN FACT: My design of Mr. Boddy’s mother, who I named Brooklyn Black, was inspirited by Beatrice Baudelaire, the late mother of the Baudelaire orphans. The other inspiration was Martha Wayne, Bruce Wayne/Batman’s mother from Batman: Brave and the Bold.

PrinceAlarming
Slueth

Post by PrinceAlarming » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:18 pm

Jonathan Green wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:14 pm
It’s funny, both Mr. Boddy and the Baudelaire children are from Boston (Based on the movie). Both lost their parents at a young age, and both were adopted by uncles with titles. Except one is a shady businessman and the other is a murderer who happens to share the same name of a certain lovable snowman.
FUN FACT: My design of Mr. Boddy’s mother, who I named Brooklyn Black, was inspirited by Beatrice Baudelaire, the late mother of the Baudelaire orphans. The other inspiration was Martha Wayne, Bruce Wayne/Batman’s mother from Batman: Brave and the Bold.
I’m like a mind reader

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:54 pm

In the version I'm working on, young David Black's parents are killed by his uncle, Eduardo Black. He kills Lord Fernando Black with garden sheers in the rose garden, and later pushes Lady Marguerite Black off the widow's walk. Eduardo took over Black manor, and became a recluse abducting and killing the village children, before turning his attentions on John Boddy, who briefly gets abducted, then found by David. John later kills Uncle Eduardo by dropping a boar's head trophy on him, in the trophy room.

BBP
Detective

Post by BBP » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:40 pm

I'm sorry about the topic, I'll check my logs to see what happened...