How do you imagine the Clue(do) mansion?

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Jonathan Green
Private Eye

How do you imagine the Clue(do) mansion?

Post by Jonathan Green » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:06 pm

How do you picture Mr. Boddy's/Dr. Black's mansion?

I picture it somewhere in the south of Hampshire, England, near Southampton. Probably in New Forest, Eastleigh, or Fareham.

The estate's name is Blackwell, after the Black family, who owns it for many year. The house is called Tudor Mansion.
It was constructed in 1665, making it 361 years old (remember my Clue-verse , it's 2026).
It would be 354 years old today, if it was real.
William Black (the founder of Tudor Mansion) was a wealthy merchant, who did all of business importing and exporting goods from the English Channel.
He commissioned for a grand mansion for his family. It first began construction in 1663. It took two years to finish construction.

It looks like the 2016 mansion (the one on the box cover, which looks like Hill House) with a mix of the Classic Mansion theme form the MGS Clue game.

The mansion is hidden within the English hills. The north courtyard is where the garage is.
The mansion is magnificent, with beautiful botanical gardens.

The grounds are like the Classic Mansion Theme and the Tudor Mansion Theme.
There's a forest surrounding the estate. It has a large greenhouse in the south gardens, with overlooks a pond in front of it, where swans often swim in. Behind the greenhouse is a giant lake called Blackport Lake, name after William Black's trading company, Blackport Trading Co. The other side of the lake is the village of Little Falls, which is as old as Tudor Mansion. Blackport Lake leads into the English Channel. There's a boat house at the lake.
Last edited by Jonathan Green on Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my Instagram account to see my art - :arrow: https://www.instagram.com/david_rodriguez_art/?hl=en

Jonathan Green
Private Eye

Re: How do you imagine the Clue(do) mansion?

Post by Jonathan Green » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:27 pm

The Grounds
--------------------------
Courtyard
Carriage House
Stable
Fountain
Swimming Pool
Boat House
Garage
Gatehouse
Gardener's Shed
Aviary
Garden
Rose Garden
Hedge Maze
Potager Garden
Croquet Yard
Greenhouse
Tennis Court
Herb Garden
Cottage
Pond
River
Forest
Gazebo
Check out my Instagram account to see my art - :arrow: https://www.instagram.com/david_rodriguez_art/?hl=en

Jonathan Green
Private Eye

Post by Jonathan Green » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:00 pm

The Mansion's rooms
----------------------------------
Great Hall /Theatre /Armory
Dining Room /Sewing Room
Kitchen /Servants Hall
Study /Butler's Pantry /Family Room
Conservatory /Wood Shed /Tea Room
Lounge /Boiler Room
Library /Atelier /Sitting Room
Billiard Room /Observatory /Boudoir
Grand Ballroom /Bar
Drawing Room /Widow’s Walk /Cistern
Atrium /Wine Cellar
Cloakroom /Clock Tower /Root Cellar
Carriage House /Curiosities Room /Smoking Room
Attic /Tea Room
Music Room /Laundry
Fountain /Washroom
Swimming Pool /Guest Rooms (x20)
Master Suite /Treasure Room /Loft
Scullery /Nursery
Trophy Room /Chapel
Safari Room /Butterfly Room
Grand Foyer /Salon
Gardener’s Shed /Train Room
Parlor /Bath

MORE TO COME...
Last edited by Jonathan Green on Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:55 am

At least I can say the Caldarium is unique to my mansion only. :wink:

Jonathan Green
Private Eye

Post by Jonathan Green » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:54 am

Jonathan Green wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:06 pm
How do you picture Mr. Boddy's/Dr. Black's mansion?

I picture it somewhere in the south of Hampshire, England, near Southampton. Probably in New Forest, Eastleigh, or Fareham.

The estate's name is Blackwell, after the Black family, who owns it for many year. The house is called Tudor Mansion.
It was constructed in 1665, making it 361 years old (remember my Clue-verse , it's 2026).
It would be 354 years old today, if it was real.
William Black (the founder of Tudor Mansion) was a wealthy merchant, who did all of business importing and exporting goods from the English Channel.
He commissioned for a grand mansion for his family. It first began construction in 1663. It took two years to finish construction.

It looks like the 2016 mansion (the one on the box cover, which looks like Hill House) with a mix of the Classic Mansion theme form the MGS Clue game.

The mansion is hidden within the English hills. The north courtyard is where the garage is.
The mansion is magnificent, with beautiful botanical gardens.

The grounds are like the Classic Mansion Theme and the Tudor Mansion Theme.
There's a forest surrounding the estate. It has a large greenhouse in the south gardens, with overlooks a pond in front of it, where swans often swim in. Behind the greenhouse is a giant lake called Blackport Lake, name after William Black's trading company, Blackport Trading Co. The other side of the lake is the village of Little Falls, which is as old as Tudor Mansion. Blackport Lake leads into the English Channel. There's a boat house at the lake.
It also imagine having a Tudor Style/Victorian look to it.
Like this:
(This was an old drawing of Tudor Mansion I did years ago.