Downton Abbey Hasbro Clue U.S. edition

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

ragstorichesfan
Snoop

Downton Abbey Hasbro Clue U.S. edition

Post by ragstorichesfan » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:24 pm

Apparently they snuck one by me. This has been available since the last week of August. If anyone can post a picture, it's on Amazon. Thanks.

Bruss
Suspect

Re: Downton Abbey Hasbro Clue U.S. edition

Post by Bruss » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:52 am

What do the reviews say? Is it fun?

Jonathan Green
Private Eye

Post by Jonathan Green » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:14 am

Inspired by Downton Abbey: it's a twist on the classic mystery board game inspired by the hit series, Downton Abbey. A valuable object has been stolen, and Mr. Carson needs help to solve the mystery

Solve the mystery: this clue: Downton Abbey edition board game is a suspenseful game of "whodunit" With characters inspired by the PBS award-winning television series

Iconic stolen objects: which objects were stolen? Includes miniature tokens inspired by iconic Downton Abbey items: a pocket watch, bow tie, Lavender loaf, typewriter, pantry key, and telephone

Exclusive Downton Abbey tokens: move around the game board as a favorite Downton Abbey character; Lord Grantham, lady Mary, the Dowager Countess, John bates, Mrs. Hughes, or Tom Branson

Makes a fun gift: the clue: Downton Abbey edition game can make a great holiday or birthday gift for Downton Abbey fans and clue fans ages 13 and up
Box cover:

Box Reverse:

Game:

Cards and pieces:

Envelope:

Items:

Character pawns:
Check out my Instagram account to see my art - :arrow: https://www.instagram.com/david_rodriguez_art/?hl=en

Sir Shamrock
Slueth

Post by Sir Shamrock » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:37 pm

:lol: They're reusing tokens from their Ultimate Monopoly game! This is just like what they're doing for Millenial Monopoly, Monopoly Socalism, and now Ms. Monopoly. They must have a bunch of tokens left over

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:24 am

Ugh. Certain franchises should only be sold under the Cluedo brand — notably British TV shows, like Sherlock, Dr. Who, and Downtown Abbey. It’s really time to merge the clue/Cluedo branding schemes now that Hasbro owns both. DA has been available as a Cluedo Edition for some time now sold in the US as well. Other than new artwork, what else has changed here?

Jonathan Green
Private Eye

Post by Jonathan Green » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:26 pm

Murder by Death wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:24 am
Ugh. Certain franchises should only be sold under the Cluedo brand — notably British TV shows, like Sherlock, Dr. Who, and Downtown Abbey. It’s really time to merge the clue/Cluedo branding schemes now that Hasbro owns both. DA has been available as a Cluedo Edition for some time now sold in the US as well. Other than new artwork, what else has changed here?

The mystery.
In the original Cluedo game, you're trying to solve the murder of Thomas Barrow.

In the new one, someone stole something within the house.
It's like Clue DVD or Clue Tower of Terror.
Check out my Instagram account to see my art - :arrow: https://www.instagram.com/david_rodriguez_art/?hl=en

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:37 pm

Premise is iffy - why would Lord Grantham need to be stealing bow-ties and typewriters?

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:12 pm

I do enjoy the birds eye however. That is nice.

bollow
Suspect

Post by bollow » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:58 pm

CluedoKid wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:37 pm
Premise is iffy - why would Lord Grantham need to be stealing bow-ties and typewriters?
The spin-off versions of Cluedo irk me because they're so badly thought out with terrible choices.

I still think the Midsomer Murders version is awful beyond belief! I know Copyright is involved but it should've been way better!!