Marmalade Game Studio's Clue(do)

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

BBP
Detective

Re: Marmalade Game Studio's Clue(do)

Post by BBP » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:50 pm

The icicle sort of reminds me of the Roald Dahl story Lamb To The Slaughter. It's about a woman who clubs her husband to death with a frozen lamb - (spoiler) and then feeds the murder weapon to the detective.

GarfieldBuilder
Spy

Post by GarfieldBuilder » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:05 pm

BBP wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:50 pm
The icicle sort of reminds me of the Roald Dahl story Lamb To The Slaughter. It's about a woman who clubs her husband to death with a frozen lamb - (spoiler) and then feeds the murder weapon to the detective.
Nice story.

Sir Shamrock
Private Eye

Post by Sir Shamrock » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:59 am

A new theme has been announced, Tropical Island!

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:00 pm

Sir Shamrock wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:59 am
And so it is! But it seems like it may be mostly aboard Dr. Black's yacht:
Some detectives among you have guessed correctly: the next Cluedo theme whisks you away on a Tropical Mystery. Solve the shocking crime aboard Dr Black's lavish private yacht.
Either way, a mystery on a boat is exciting. Clue Mystery At Sea is one of my absolute favorite settings.

The flare gun and speargun are nice additions, along with the oxygen tank. The oar is definitely deadly instrument. But I'm not so sure about the spyglass. That would have to be one heavy duty construction to keep from breaking itself when smashing someone over the head with it ...

coinilius
Junior Detective

Post by coinilius » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:29 pm

Boats are always a good setting for a mystery, and I like Mystery at Sea - seems a shame if the setting doesn’t utilise the tropical island as well though

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:25 pm

Murder by Death wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:00 pm
Sir Shamrock wrote:
And so it is! But it seems like it may be mostly aboard Dr. Black's yacht:
Some detectives among you have guessed correctly: the next Cluedo theme whisks you away on a Tropical Mystery. Solve the shocking crime aboard Dr Black's lavish private yacht.
Either way, a mystery on a boat is exciting. Clue Mystery At Sea is one of my absolute favorite settings.

The flare gun and speargun are nice additions, along with the oxygen tank. The oar is definitely deadly instrument. But I'm not so sure about the spyglass. That would have to be one heavy duty construction to keep from breaking itself when smashing someone over the head with it ...

Is that Peacock on the jetski in the second image?
“Really Plum?!” - Mr. Green (Clue VCR, 1985)
IG:https://www.instagram.com/david_rodriguez_art/?hl=en

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:00 am

Jonathan Green wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:25 pm
I hope it is tropical long hair sexy Azure.

The Late Dr Black
Snoop

Post by The Late Dr Black » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:53 am

cacums wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:00 am
Jonathan Green wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:25 pm
I hope it is tropical long hair sexy Azure.
It looks kind of masculine so I'm guessing it's a new Azure !

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:51 am

coinilius wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:29 pm
Boats are always a good setting for a mystery, and I like Mystery at Sea - seems a shame if the setting doesn’t utilise the tropical island as well though
To use the island, they’d have to have the boat docked to it in some way. Maybe the way the Orient Express version works, where the train is on one side of the station. So 4 rooms are the yacht, and the players emerge from under the dock, or some place on the island. From a shape perspective, that makes more sense, as a boat would be a bit strange as a perfect square to fit the template room locations. Of course that limits the number of rooms on the yacht, as well as add lots of extra rooms for a tropical island.

Sir Shamrock
Private Eye

Post by Sir Shamrock » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:44 am

I'm just hoping that this edition will have Captain Brown :P

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:08 pm

They aren't oblivious to Clue lore, so Captain Brown is a good possibility, but if they do it, they'll use Captain Brunette.

coinilius
Junior Detective

Post by coinilius » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:44 pm

I think Captain Brown and Mr Slate-Grey have been relegated to a forgotten corner of Cluedo Suspect history but would love to be proved wrong!

alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

Post by alwaysPeacock » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:51 pm

This could very well be the last theme we get. In one of the discussion threads on the game’s Steam community page, the developers stated they were committed to releasing 10 themes for Clue/Cluedo. If the Classic Mansion & suspects count as a theme, this next one will be number 10.

Timing wise, this makes sense since they’re gearing up to release Monopoly by the end of the year. I imagine they’ll spend a good deal of time on that before they dip into Cluedo again, beyond regular maintenance & bug fixes.

On the bright side: after a couple of years, they did go back to Game of Life & release their own spin off version for mobiles (Vacations — it’s great, btw). *Maybe* in another year or so, once Monopoly has had some time to thrive, they’ll give us some kind of Super Cluedo/Master Detective version as its own app (they’re certainly aware there’s ample interest in an advanced/expanded Cluedo game, and it would be silly to leave their most popular game to collect digital dust for too long).
"But look what happened to the cook!"

The Late Dr Black
Snoop

Post by The Late Dr Black » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:15 pm

I'd hate to think that this is the last themed Clue/do that we are getting. It's proven popular so there is scope for more add ons.

I like the idea of 9 new suspects if we get them, though I suspect it'll be 6 .

Captain Brown
Lt Azure
Miss Rose
Mrs MeadowBrook
Sgt Grey
Miss Peach

Would be my preferred cast. Though I highly doubt it will be these.

The Late Dr Black
Snoop

Post by The Late Dr Black » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:18 pm

It has a James Bond feel about it. Referencing the speargun nad jet ski.

So maybe we'll get a Bondesque character Mustard or Green

It would be hilarious to see a bikini clad suspect a la Ursula Andress or Halle Berry! Rose would make most sense I think .

coinilius
Junior Detective

Post by coinilius » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:43 pm

Going by Marmalade Games twitter, that is indeed Peacock on the Jet Ski in that other image - there is art of her as a deep sea diving Marine Biologist.

I've also been on a Monopoly kick lately myself, so I am quite interested in their version(s) of the infamous property trading game.

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:12 pm

Two new suspects: Peacock and Plum
Plum is a young and driven entrepreneur whose tech start-up earned him a place in the upper echelon of famous inventors and innovators. His invention of software to quickly map surroundings in stunning 3D was a big success and has been used in many industries from VR games to construction. After Dr Black invited him on his private yacht, he discovered that Black wanted to use his company's technology to map the ocean floor before the drill. Working with Black and destroying the environment would severely harm the young tech CEO’s reputation. Perhaps Plum did not want his image tarnished by Dr Black's greed and cut his life short?

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:24 am

Murder by Death wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:00 pm
Sir Shamrock wrote:
But I'm not so sure about the spyglass. That would have to be one heavy duty construction to keep from breaking itself when smashing someone over the head with it ...

I'm wonder if the spyglass is inspired by the 2015 And Then There Were None miniseries where one was used to murder Sam Neill's General MacArthur. Probably more deadlier than it looks.

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:01 am

You know, it’s funny, I saw that and posted about it enthusiastically:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5071

And yet I don’t really remember the Spyglass being used to murder Neil.

I suppose the funny part is that in context, things like that don’t necessarily present themselves so obviously. But I’ve never seen a spyglass sturdy enough to really do that kind of damage. So viewing it in a compartmentalized way as part of collection of weapons, its flaws present themselves clearly. But in context of the drama, it’s less of an immediate issue — I guess.

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:17 pm

New suspect: Scarlett
Scarlett started a campaign to improve the relations with the local islanders by providing them with carefully crafted job opportunities in tourism. This was great for her public image and led to her being invited by Black to discuss her potential political endorsement in his oil drilling plans. However, Scarlett found out about Blacks plans to build the massive oil rig, which would undo all her hard work. Perhaps she couldn't take the blow to her public image and decided to end it then and there?
https://www.instagram.com/p/B4fPSQmCi-o ... uu3fesitof